Monday 30 September 2013

Hello!

My poor neglected blog! It's been sitting here in the background all summer patiently waiting for me to come and pay it some attention.

So where was I? Ah, yes, flowers. Plenty of them. The glorious summer that was 2013 gave me the cutting garden that I've always dreamed of.


I have had literally vaseful after vaseful of them for the last six months. I give them away by the bucketload and I can make an impromptu gift at the snip of my scissors.




I have done barely any crafting; no quilting or sewing at all, a little crochet in an attempt to get through the stash and last week as I felt the season had changed for sure, I cast on a pair of socks. All my time has been spent outdoors, and I have loved every minute of it.

Back in July, my allotment looked relatively tidy and was just starting to give me fruit and vegetables on a regular basis.




Then it went slightly mad. This is how it looked last week:




I could be working down there and be completely hidden from view. This weekend saw the start of the big tidy up, but let's talk about that another time.

When I wasn't outside in my own patch, I managed to grab a couple of weekends away camping and a trip to the Moreton Show, where I came away dreaming of livestock and wonderful different breeds of poultry. Ok, so maybe not this splendid chap!




Other days have been spent with friends and just generally catching up.




Now the nights are drawing in and I find myself craving the cosy side of crafting again. And that is a very good thing as I have been thrilled to work on an exciting project that will be revealed at the end of the week.

Oh, did I mention my dahlias? I'm in love.






14 comments:

  1. Oh your dahlias!!!! Home grown flowers are the way to go for happiness :-)
    And... those toadstools! I want those in my garden.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, wish I had a bouquet in front of me right now. Have a great fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an alarming amount of kale. Alarming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers lady, those green thumbs have been working overtime! What a crop of loveliness. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely : the flowers AND the fact that you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your dahlias too ... the earwigs have had mine! And I'll second what Alice has said ... very happy to see you posting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely to see you Tracy, not being an instagrammer I have been wondering if you've had a lovely summer. your flowers are amazing, truly beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That truly is an enviable cutting patch! But oh! How I covet the mushrooms. Can't begin to imagine how much willow they take but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golly your flowers are stunning! I completely neglected the garden this year - and you can tell. I was too busy being obsessed with running! I'm just back in blogland again and have plans to be far more creative and productive and bloggish! lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My garden was a disaster this year - but I managed a fair bit of making and plenty of reading. We just can't do it all - too much fun to be had and not enough hours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Dahlias - especially as don't seem to have had any flowers this year. My garden has been neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tracy the allotment looks amazing!! Well done you:)) *proud face*

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been a wonderful summer for growing things hasn't it? And there is the proof right there in your abundantly gorgeous flowers and your stunning allotment! Being inside during such fantastically warm sunny days would have been a crime but that's the nice thing about the seasons changing - they bring variety and change. I hope you enjoy nestling into your newly cushioned knitting chair now the evenings are drawing in. I do love what you've done with Celia's beautiful fabrics, she's a wise cookie sending some to you to play with because you always have such creative ways with fabric and have showcased her designs so perfectly. Hope the big allotment tidy up goes well. How are your chickens? And do your poultry day dreams mean a bigger flock is in store? I need tips now I only have a flock of one! It's nice to visit with you again and see your wonderfully colourful and creative corner of the world again, thanks for sharing it with us x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ouch, that looks so painful. That poor poor animal being tugged about with the ring in its nose. How horrible we humans are to them!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...