Wednesday 11 April 2012

Flower Power...

It is of great comfort that in the midst of turmoil and change, the seasons provide a gentle backdrop of continuity and familiarity.

April is possibly my favourite month of the year in my flowery world as my beloved tulips begin their show.

In November I planted some new ones on my deck, in a colour that I would only possibly ever consider for tulips - apricot. These are Apricot Beauty,  a single early variety. On grey days, they are at their prettiest.





And these are possibly the stars of this year's show - Apricot Parrot. Modestly green while in bud ...





... only to astonish when fully open. Heaven in a tulip.




I could almost believe a garden imp has been out there with his paintbrushes fully loaded with colour.





Welcome pockets of colour that make me smile every time I look at them.



11 comments:

  1. Your tulips look fabulous in those wooden planters - and now I can picture them in situ they look even better to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you planted them in crates - they are wonderful. And hoping you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those are just gorgeous. hope everything is ok, flowers have healing powers you know, as does tea and chocolate! take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they look gorgeous in the crates. Very Petersham! But worried about the turmoil. Hoping you're okay.

    Love, K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Please put your blog background tulip up on Pinterest. I would love to paint it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's when I see tulips like those Apricot Parrots that I truly understand tulip mania! Stunning flowers :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those parrot tulips are incredible - truly heaven in a tulip! Hope they continue you to make you smile through your changing times x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ดูหนังออนไลน์ กับหนังออนไลน์ที่คมชัดเต็มระบบงทั้ง 4K HD สนุกง่ายๆ กับ The Favourite อีเสน่ห์ร้าย (2018)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ไม่ว่าใครก็เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ได้ง่ายๆที่นี่
    live22 ฟรีเครดิต

    https://www.slotxd.com/live22

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...