Thursday 28 July 2011

FWQAL week 9...

Blimey, nine weeks!

I have surprised myself by actually managing to get any sewing in at all this week, what with child-minding and day trips out.  After a while, I find the need to sew or make, almost compulsory to reducing my stress levels.  This week's blocks are of the one easy, one not so easy deciding factor.  I was also keen to start introducing some different colours using the fabrics that came in the post last week.





The easy one!




The not so easy one!  There are a few not-very-well-matched points and corners in this one. I need to remember that when the pieces are so tiny, what looks like a nicely coordinated selection of fabrics on the cutting table, doesn't necessarily make for a well-defined block.  Maybe I'll remake this one at a later date.

1 comment:

  1. See, matching points and corners is what I am really not good at. There are more joins in that one block of yours than in the whole of the quilt top I'm currently making - and that's not even straight!

    Hoping to get some sewing time later on today. Maybe ...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...