Sunday 26 July 2009

Prehistoric crochet...

The last of the baby gifts is done. It's a herbivore...





...something a bit more unusual for baby boy #3, methinks. I have just discovered PlanetJune. June has some amazing amigurumi patterns and I just couldn't resist this little dinosaur collection. I have been converted to the magic ring and as June says, I will never go back to the usual methods of working in the round, be it in amigurumi or granny squares. Try it - it's brilliant.



I down-sized him a little bit by using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino on a 3mm hook and he measures about 6" long from nose to tail - just right for little hands. All boys love dinosaurs, right? Stegosaurus is my personal favourite and there have been some pretty major dinosaur obsessions in this household over the years...

I need to get him out of my garden!

9 comments:

  1. He is adorable. Looks very tactile. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's fabulous! Always so impressed with your amigurumi. K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is really cute!!! Can I really justify making it for myself though?! We need more children in this family of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love PlanetJune too - I taught myself to crochet so I could make her fluffy bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief - that is so cute. Just the right size to fit into a tiny little hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. :-) Yup, most boys love dinosaurs. My 5 yr. olds likes stegosaurus and pteradactyls. (I think I spelled that right) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome (for the comment that is)! We went to one near Hitchin called Graveley Fruit Farm (near the A1), but I know there's also one between St Albans and Harpenden on Harpenden Road but I'm afraid I can't remember the name of it sorry. It was a lot of fun, I definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you sell these?? I want one!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...